The City Clerk’s office is charged with a variety of duties including:
- Custodian of the legislative and administrative records of the City.
- Attend City Council meetings and work sessions, and transcribe minutes of meetings.
- Prepares resolutions, proclamations and other documents as required.
- Maintains records and files of contracts, ordinances, resolutions, Inter-local agreements, minutes, deeds, easements, grants and other official records.
- Responsible for codification and distribution of supplemental updates of City ordinances,
- Prepares and maintains the City Council and City Clerk budgets.
- Serves as the Supervisor of City Elections.
- Custodian of the City Seal and administers oaths.
- Prepare and publish legal notices in accordance with requirements and maintain proof of publication.
- Prepare and maintain liens and ensure that satisfaction of liens are processed and recorded.
- Coordinates the various City boards and committees Contact the City Clerk
- Maintains the marina boat slip contracts.
- Coordinates the Rental of the Community Room
- Responsible for promotion of effective program to protect City’s property from loss or damage in conjunction with City Clerk Department
- Responsible for maintenance of City personnel files, training/development programs and familiarization with recent local, state and federal labor and employment laws in conjunction with City Clerk Department
Other questions may be answered by the City Clerk which are not listed. Feel free to call with any concern through email.