Sec. 94-252. – Commercial activities.
(a) Businesses, offices, bars, manufacturing, professional services, restaurants, trades, warehouses or other business activities shall not be permitted in condominiums, dwellings, garages, collateral structures or anywhere on property within the city.
(b) Notwithstanding the prohibitions set forth in subsection (a) of this section, the owner or permanent occupant of any dwelling unit in residential low (RL) district I or residential medium (RM) district II may conduct a home occupation subject to the following requirements:
(1) Home occupations are those occupations carried on by a member of the family residing in the dwelling unit.
(2) Home occupations are those occupations clearly incidental and secondary to the use of the dwelling unit for residential purposes.
(3) Home occupations are subject to the following limitations:
- The occupation or profession shall be carried on wholly within a building or other structure accessory thereto;
- No person outside of the immediate family of the owner or occupant shall be employed in the home occupation;
- There shall be no sign, exterior display or exterior storage of any materials and no other exterior indication of the home occupation or variation from the residential character of the dwelling;
- No offensive noise, light, vibration, smoke, dust, odors, heat or glare shall be produced on or emanate from the property;
- No marked vehicles used in the conduct of a home occupation may be parked or stored in view of any street, neighborhood or other residential lot;
- No portion of the dwelling unit, including any garage or accessory structure, may be used to manufacture or assemble any item or product associated with the home occupation;
- The dwelling unit or accessory structure where a home occupation exists shall not entertain or provide services to any customers or clients at the home occupation location;
- The location and nature of the business of the home occupation shall not be advertised in any publication or other media;
- No corrosive, combustibles or other flammable liquids may be stored on any residential property maintaining a home occupation.